About Gladiator Technologies - A Division of LKD Aerospace
Gladiator Technologies was founded in 2005 and became a division of LKD Aerospace at the end of 2014. Gladiator Technologies Division is a leading designer and manufacturer of high performance MEMS inertial sensors, systems and integrated GPS. The division is now co-located with LKD Aerospace and is headquartered in Snoqualmie, WA, USA, near Seattle in Washington State. The company also employs a global technical sales network. The division has more than 300+ customers around the world and serves customers in hundreds of applications including:
- Guidance, Navigation and Control
- Image, Platform and Antenna Stabilization
- Flight Control and Flight Testing
- Motorsports Racing
- Railway Telemetry, Ride Comfort and Motion Monitoring/Wear
- Unmanned Systems (Fixed Wing, Rotor, Ground, Surface & Subsurface)
- Instrumentation & Robotics
- Automotive Testing & Agriculture Vehicles
- Marine Compasses
Nearly all of our standard products are export categorized as US Department of Commerce ECCN7A994 (NLR). Since 2008 our QMS has been and is now certified to AS9100C with design and ISO9001:2008.
Gladiator Technologies Division's hallmark is our comprehensive line of high performance and robust inertial sensors and systems with industry leading low ARW noise, superior bias and scale factor performance over the full operating temperature range, low axis alignment and g-sensitivity . Our systems are feature rich and include high speed RS422/RS485 and CANBUS outputs along with available Software Development Kits (SDK) and C-Code Library to optimize and ease user system integration.
The company utilizes state-of-the art design tools. Our electronics design suite is OrCAD with PSPICE, Solid Works and Solid Works Simulation (Finite Element Analysis - FEA) for our mechanical components and ANSYS FEA for MEMS sensing elements. Our engineering team has been credited with more than 66 patents in a broad array of inertial and MEMS sensor technologies and related systems throughout their inertial sensor and system design careers. The highly experienced management team has a combined more than 100 years of design, manufacturing and executive experience in:
- High performance MEMS inertial sensor design (gyros & accelerometers)
- Inertial grade accelerometers for commercial & military applications
- Inertial and tactical grade inertial systems (IMU's & INS/GPS) for commercial & military applications
- Kalman Filter and INS/GPS design and system integration
- Design experience with a host of inertial technologies including Ring Laser Gyros (RLG), Fiber Optic Gyros (FOG), Dynamically Tuned Gyros (DTG), Amorphous and Crystalline Quartz Accelerometers, Quarts MEMS Rate Sensors, Silicon MEMS Accelerometers, Gyros and Multi-Sensors
Our manufacturing capabilities employ both Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma tools with several of our staff either Black Belt or Green Belt certified. Our repeatable manufacturing systems have fully automated environmental conditioning and calibration test equipment scaled for high volume production. A comprehensive ERP suite is utilized for all company processes and includes bar code labor costing, electronic record archiving, automated reporting and analysis, MRP, Repair, Finance, Shipping and CRM modules.